Creating a Product
For a quick terminology recap:
- In SwiftOrder you sell items. Your items make up your inventory.
- Your products are the types of items you sell.
In this Quickstart Guide, we'll create a new Product.
How to Create a Product
- On the left hand menu in SwiftOrder, go to Products > All Products > in the top right corner click New Product
- Enter the name of the Product
- Enter the name of the Variant
A variant is a variation of the product type. Common examples include sizes or colors. You can enter a new variant or choose from an existing variant.
- Enter the Price, and optionally enter the Wholesale Cost
- In the Image and Quantity Section, select which option is best, based on how you want to add your Product.
Best if you have 1 image, and you want to add a quantity. For example, you sell Health Care Products. Your Product Name is "Luxury Shampoo", your Variant is "12 Ounce", you have 1 main image, and you have 25 bottles in stock.
Best if every image you have is completely unique. For example, you sell clothing, and every item of clothing you sell has a unique pattern. Your Product Name is "Amelia", your Variant name is "Small", you have 10 unique images, and you have 10 items you want to create.
- Add your image(s) as needed.
- Click the "Create Product" button
- You're finished